Leading capital planning and infrastructure projects for counties and municipalities is a tough job. In addition to all the usual complexities around deciding where to invest capital and maintenance budgets across all the competing priorities, you also have the complexity of partnering with your cities.
Should you upgrade the county roads and transit system, or repair the aging water and storm-water runoff systems? And how confident are you that your projects will come in on time and within budget?
Managing a capital planning process is hard. You need to get your idea in front of the executive director and commissioners for approval and funding, with everything locked down in place so that it goes well. Business justification and clear stack ranking? Check. Strong proposals with finances and people identified? Check. You need to manage this process carefully to overcome the first hurdle of getting the funding for your projects.
Once you have approval, how do you ensure capital projects go according to plan? Upgrading roads, building new water systems, and managing large civil engineering projects that crisscross your county or municipality are always at risk of time delays and budget overruns.
Learn how Aurigo helps counties & municipalities
The Aurigo Masterworks Cloud suite of products helps counties and municipalities across North America prioritize where to invest capital budgets, manage the construction and maintenance of your infrastructure and assets, and ensure quality levels are met every time.
- Maximize the impact of your capital budget with what-if analysis so that you can create long-range plans, de-risk decisions, and invest in new capital programs and infrastructure projects with confidence.
- Bring together everything you need to plan, track, automate and manage program budgets, funds and schedules in one place.
- Create detailed engineering estimates faster, streamline the bid letting process, and normalize all bids you receive so that you can select the best bid every time.
- Implement an agency-wide strategic sourcing program and centrally manage all the repeat services that are required across projects.
- Manage the end-to-end land acquisition process through a data-driven, geo-located, paperless approach.
- Move contracts from creation through closeout, and automate the contract change order process to keep your construction projects on schedule and on budget.
- Plan, track and manage construction project resources, schedules, budgets, contracts and risks to ensure projects are on time and on budget.
- Ensure DBE commitments, payroll and on-the-job training goals are met on every construction project.
- Ensure all projects, materials and assets meet safety and quality standards and that your county’s assets and facilities are is properly maintained with a modern, integrated cloud solution that helps you automate, track, and report across all your ongoing projects, materials testing, and maintenance work.
- Ensure materials meet quality standards and keep projects on schedule with configurable and specific materials specifications and built-in validations that help you comply with federal, state and local requirements.
- Manage labs and certifications with confidence with an integrated Lab Management product that tracks qualified labs, ensures technicians are appropriately certified, and keeps all equipment up to date.
- Extend the life of your assets with strategic maintenance supported by an online Lab Management product that saves you time and maximizes the impact of your maintenance budgets.
- Ensure safety and compliance during construction and maintenance work so that you can keep your teams safe, keep your community safe, and ensure every task is carried out completely and accurately.
- Get a central view across all your projects with online reports and dashboards that let you drill down for more details.
- Access the information you need from anywhere on any device using Aurigo’s mobile applications that work even when you’re offline and out of cell service.
- Get a modern system that is easy to configure and easy to update as your teams and processes evolve over time. Our Configuration Toolkit makes it easy to change any screen, any process and any report so that the software can continue to make you more productive even as your processes change.
- Integrate with your existing environment and applications.
We manage our most important infrastructure projects with Aurigo. Using the Aurigo Masterworks Cloud, we keep track of every schedule, budget, fund, and document during complex, multi-year projects.”
Our Capital Planning & Portfolio Management product line is part of the larger Aurigo Masterworks Cloud suite of products for cities, counties, states, agencies and public-facing capital projects.
PlanCapital Planning & Portfolio Management
Prioritize, plan and track all of your major infrastructure and capital investments in one place.
BuildFull Lifecycle Construction Management
Manage every phase, consultant, contractor, contract and payment for each capital and infrastructure project.
MaintainSafety, Quality & Maintenance
Ensure new projects meet quality levels and your existing assets are properly maintained.