Gain valuable insights about the ten actions that your public agency should take to digitize your capital program to gain more control over your projects and adapt to technological trends.
The world is rapidly changing, and if your public agency does not keep up with the technological advancements, your capital program may slow down or get hindered. According to McKinsey, on an average, large capital construction projects are 20 months behind schedule and 80% over budget. Today, just about everything is digital, and the pandemic has rapidly accelerated this fact of life. The more connected your public agency is, the more control you will have over your projects. Moving your agency online entirely and deploying an enterprise-level system to replace your point solutions can be a big undertaking. We have compiled ten actions that your public agency should take to digitize your capital program.
- Implement electronic signatures
- Bring public engagement online
- Integrate GIS capabilities with your current systems
- Automate your workflows (and boost collaboration)
- Ease the training and onboarding for current & new staff
- Extend your project network with controlled access for consultants and contractors
- Go mobile
- Integrate (all of) your systems
- Hire an expert
- Introduce an enterprise-level solution